Recently I got to upgrade my mobile phone to Acer BeTouch E100 free of charge from Singtel. It is a windows mobile device.After using it for a few days, I discover some likes and dislikes.
1. Works as a PDA, where I have installed pocket E-Sword, and I can read pdf files.
2. Able to record tele-conversation
3. Light weight, thin, and easy to handle
1. Somehow the touch screen is not very good, always hit the wrong keys on the soft key pad.
2. Hang quite often
3. No Wifi (though the sale-man told me there is wifi for this phone. May be i should complain to Singtel).
4. User interface not very user-friendly. Unlike some HTC mobile phones.
I have to do clean boot at least once. Check out the following procedures to reset the phone to factory setting.
Acer E100 Clean boot
Warning! You should only perform a clean boot when all other reset options have failed to restore your smartphone to an operational state.
A clean boot will restore your smartphone to the state it was when you got it from the factory.
Warning! This will erase all your personal information, any contacts stored on your phone and any programs you installed.
If your screen responds to stylus input: Go to Start > Utilities > Default Settings. Read the warning information and enter the security code in the empty textbox. Tap OK to proceed.
Acer E100 hard reset with keys
If your screen is not responding to stylus input:
1. Push the Silent button up (the off position).
2. Press and hold the Camera button, then press and release the reset button.
3. Keep the Camera button pressed until you see the ‘Clean Boot’ screen.
4. Press the Home button to continue.
Hope this help.
David Kou Online